What a full day...

Sunday was a busy day. Ok, well I only really did like three things but they were big-ish things....

First, I led worship for the second time at Calvary Waterford. Made it past a few hiccups (I really need to learn to focus on not dropping my pic....a lot). It's always great to worship as a body with the church. I think being in a different culture's worship than Southern California has really taught me the true nature of worship :)

Second, at this random spur-of-the-moment thing, a girl from the church named Alana offered to take me and Sarah to Tramore and teach us how to surf! I think I got more excited than I have for a long time...it's been on my bucket list for some time now to learn how to surf (I mean..I live in SoCal for crying out loud), and I've been thinking this whole semester of how sick it would be to learn how to surf in Ireland. I mean, who wouldn't want that?!
So off we went.....

{just fyi - I brought my camera but then realized after we got there that I had left the memory card at home...yes, that does happen a lot...sigh. Thankfully Sarah brought her iPhone so that's where these pictures came from.)
     Anyways, I now have huge respect for those who constantly get in and out of wet suits....actually I'm pretty sure that part was harder than the surfing itself. HA. Maybe it was because I put one on then Alana told me it was too big so I had to take it off and get another much tighter but warmer one on. Then add boots and gloves to the mix. That was a work-out in of itself...
     But finally we were ready to go!


Sarah, Alana, and I
     Sorry there are not pictures of us actually surfing....well, actually it might be better that way. Haha. I'm pretty sure I looked like a complete newbie and super lame..well, actually I'm sure of that one too. But it was soo much fun! It started raining and everything while we were out there but I actually sort of enjoyed it - I felt like it added to the experience. It's not everyday you get to learn how to surf in Ireland in the rain! I almost stood up on the board..Alana said that we picked it up pretty quickly but I'm not so sure about myself..haha. Well, at least I only got really wrecked by one big wave. By the end of it all, me and Sarah were beat....And again dealt with the wetsuits. I had was just about to pull of my second boot when I realized Alana was already out of everything and rinsing off...she's had a lot more experience obviously ;)
     One of the deacons/part-time students, Danny, works at a coffeeshop right off the beach called T-bay so we dropped in for some coffee/tea afterwards. I've really been craving a london fog lately but some of the places I've asked didn't quite know what I meant (it's a earl gray tea latte). So I was really excited when Danny said he'd make me one!
     Oh! and what I feel like is a somewhat major accomplishment for the day: when we were just chilling in the coffeeshop I was just in this summer dress and Alana thought I was crazy for not being cold. So yes, the moment had finally come when the American was not cold and the Irish person was. Yusss!! Hahaa


If you've never tried one of these, I really encourage you to try one!


     We got home just in time for me to throw on some more layers and scarf down some food (quite literally...not a pretty sight...) before I headed out with the Australian guy Tim to help him to do worship at his church. It was super cool meeting more missionaries and more believers!



All in all, it was another grand day full of crazy adventures. Can't believe finals are already next week then I'll be back in the States...it's gone by so fast!

Comments

Popular Posts