Adventuring {Day 7}



{COLERAINE TO BELFAST TO DUBLIN}

     Belfast had a very English feel to it. But it was fun to walk around it for a few hours! [First stop]: Caffe Nero. It's pretty much the UK version of Starbucks. There were ones all over the place. But the coffee was sooo good! Christy loves that place and I'm so glad she took me! That's where I got the picture above. I think I'm officially become accustomed to drinking black coffee and enjoying it. I guess that makes me a "real" coffee drinker? Haha.... [Second stop]: I finally got a Starbucks mug (I get one in each country I go to). Yes..it felt sort of wrong going to a Starbucks in the UK area but hey, it's a tradition for me. It says "Northern Ireland" on it, which I was sort of sad about because I don't live in the north but maybe on my way home in the airport in Dublin I can find a mug that just says "Ireland" on it. I freakin' love mugs A LOT so I wouldn't mind having two at all ;)  [Third stop]: H&M...in the UK...need I say more? HA. We were so excited when we realized they had one that we weirded out a lady walking in front of us on the street. Success. Haha. Yeah we're the crazy American and Canadian (dang Christy...why do you have to be Canadian? It's so much extra work saying American and Canadian....kidding. I love you!). Anyways..we hit the sales rack and she found some cute shirts and I got a pair of high-waisted, mint shorts. Yayy! 




{DUBLIN TO WATERFORD}

     Exactly two months ago, me and Christy (with Jon, Jackie, and Chelci) were sitting in the exact same train station waiting for the exact same train to take us to the exact same destination - Waterford. For the very first time. Funny how that worked out....

     Home stretch! It's been an exhausting but crazy fun week. Why crazy?
1. We hit 12 cities and 8 counties in 7 days
2. We saw the Cliffs of Moher and Giant's Causeway
3. We went to the coast of Northern Ireland and are heading back to the bottom of Southern Ireland in   one day
4. We walked, took a bus, taxi, and train within a 24-hour period
5. And so much more....can't even list it all.
So yeah...that's why we're tired. Ha.


*Devo VOTD:
"Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle."
~ Exodus 40:34

     How fitting...I finish the book of Exodus on the day that I finish the Spring Break adventure.
     When I think about being in the midst of a cloud, all I can think of is extreme fog. I can't see anything around me except this haze. Everything else is blocked out. 
     I try so hard to see and understand what's going on and where I'm going that I don't realize that God's glory and presence is all around me, encompassing me. I'm too busy worrying about what's through the fog - too worried about what my human eyes can't see. I need to remember that God has called me to a life of faith. My body/soul is now the tabernacle - and God's glory is filling it. God wants us to bask in His glory, letting it fill us so it's all we can see - it's all we know despite whatever is going on around us. And even though the haze seems so thick I have no idea where to go, I can rest and know that if I put my faith in God's very capable hands He will be glorified. His glory is like a haze around me - penetrating everything. It's only my lack of faith that blinds me to it. When I am finally wiped away from every bodily reliance, God can take over and show His glory in my life and circumstances.


     Well, this finishes the Spring Break adventures. 'Tis been grand. Thanks Christy for putting up with me! It's been so fun travelling with you and realizing that we're both weirdos....especially when we're half-dead ;)  There's only one more month of school left! :( Crazy how fast time flies.....

Comments

Popular Posts