Adventuring {Day 3}



{DINGLE TO SHANNON}

    Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but there was no wifi so I'm doing it now :)  Dingle is the cutest little town ever! Ah, so beautiful! It's right up next to the water with a little boat dock and lots of little "mom and pops" shops and restaurants. Me and Christy walked around by the water and explored. Best part of that - finding a cat and petting it. Yes...I am one of those cat people. I was pretty much in my happy place haha. It made me miss my own cat back home in America.
     After all the insane walking we did in Killarney the day before it felt so nice to just relax and have a nice day to just take it slow. We also found a sick music shop that had a piano with a sign that said "competent players only - this is not a toy." Christy made me play it - except for that I didn't have much memorized so I looked so dumb probably haha. Oh well....it felt nice to sit at a piano again. I forgot how much I missed it!
     We spent from 4-9pm travelling to Shannon after that. Three bus rides later we arrived! I have distant relatives who actually live here in Ireland so my mom was able to contact one of them and let her know I was here! So I've been able to meet Mary, who is my great grandma's siblings granddaughter (I think that's how it went...). She's been so incredibly nice to let us stay at her lovely home! She's even taking us to Lahinch later today which is a HUGE blessing in that we don't have to pay for a bus.

*Here was my "Devo VOTD" (verse of the day):
"and they spoke to Moses, saying, 'The people bring much more than enough for the service of the work which the Lord commanded us to do.'"
~ Exodus 36:5

     This was when the Israelites were building the tabernacle and God had the people give the materials willingly for it's building. I love that they gave too much! And this must have been really nice stuff - it was meant to be used for the tabernacle for God to dwell in. 
     What am I giving to the Lord? My nice treasured things or just the leftovers and rejects? He deserves the best from me - because He gave THE greatest thing (Christ) to me. 
     Also, I love how this is a grand example of how the body of believers work together in unity. They all put down their own selfish wants to give to the tabernacle for the benefit of all. Over the last couple years, I've realized how selfish I truly am - especially in my heart. I rely too much on emotions or how much I like someone for how unselfish and giving I am. Or I might give but not with a cheerful, loving, Christ-like heart. It's one thing to give to those you love, but it's a huge entire other thing to give to those I don't like. 
Oh Lord, please change my heart
Praise the Lord that His grace covers every imperfection in me.
I am a continual work in progress. That's for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts