{coffee talks}

     Yesterday, I went to Cork for the day to visit with Eimer, who I met through Christy (she's the one we visited on our first day in Cork over Spring Break). She met Christy when they were both at the Bible College in Siegen, Germany. Funny how those Calvary Chapel circles just intertwine so much....
     I had left my brother's somewhat large gift that I'm bringing back for him (nope, you're not going to know what it is Cory!) with her so I wouldn't have to carry it around while we were traveling all over that week. So I went up for the day to pick it up and have coffee with Eimear!
     The coffee was sooo goooood....

loads of coffee
Also, I've been looking for a place to buy some Badger & Dodo coffee to take home (Irish roasters) and they sold it here! Yayyyy! They had this whole little book and everything to pick from what coffee I wanted (and as you can see in the picture above there are loads of coffee to choose from) but eventually I just asked the barista and he recommended me a good one for my french press. *phew*



     It was so encouraging just being to talk to Eimear and share some stuff about my own life that's happened. She's one of those people who are so on fire for the Lord and it's awesome to see! I think we were sitting in this tiny little coffeeshop called Filter (and I mean, tiny) for like four hours...But it was just grand. Eimear, if you're reading this sorry I wasn't able to hear more about you! I feel like I just talked wayy too much hahah. You know it's been a great time when you leave feeling so refreshed, energized, and encouraged. And I think Eimear has officially gotten me into flat whites...Or I'm just going to come back has a awfully picky coffee drinker...*sigh*
     One thing we talked about how it's easy when you just live in one place for so long (especially Southern California) is to forget that there are other people in other countries all over the world who have the same love for the Lord. And that God is doing great and might things all over the world. every.single.day. How sick is that?! (sick as in awesome ha). I was just thinking about it on the way home...it sorta blows my mind - I'm able to go to other countries and make non-American (and American) friends who are fellow believers. And as most of you know, I absolutely love going to different cultures and making new friends and trying new things! And I love coffee. And I love Jesus! (I mean, what else do you really need in life? friends...adventure...coffee..Jesus...haha). So stuff like this is just the best thing ever.
I have definitely grown to love the Irish people here and am very sad to have to leave them....


     Thank you Eimear so much for the coffee and blessing me with your words and encouragement :)
{p.s. - You'll do great on your finals! :) }

Comments

Popular Posts