The Story of the Poop Journal

Ok...first things first. Let me define what a poop journal is to all of you who don't know.
A poop journal is a little notepad that goes above the toilet. So when you're taking a dump.....you got something to do. Just write about whatever.... just "let it all out." (pun intended). 
Where did I get this awesome (yet you're probably thinking I've lost it) idea? My dorm steward from last semester in Murrieta, CA put one in there. So why not stick to tradition, eh?

So here's what happened to me when we first moved in (excuse the lateness, but I've been forgetting to write about this story for forever!)

This is a story about how the poop journal saved my life:

If you look back at one of my first posts, you will see pictures of our little home. It's had a few household mechanical needs seeing as buildings here are just a lot older than ones in the States. Well one of those things was the bathroom door handle. The front of the handle was completely off. I guess apparently the other girls never fully closed the door when they went in but I didn't really think about it all that much so I did. It worked fine a couple times. But then one day when I was home all by myself I shut the door, did my business, and then as I went to open the door...well...it didn't open. Yipee. I decided it would probably be easiest to just get someone from the outside to open it so I waited around for maybe like 45 minutes to see if anyone would come home. Yeah no one came home. Then our toilet (as is it's usual habit for no apparent reason) started smelling like poo. I needed to get outta that tiny room. So my mind just thought "hey Micaela, you like solving stuff...just try and figure it out." Well, after looking at it for a while I ended up just ripping off the other half of the door handle. There was this metal bar that turned a nut inside the door which controlled the latch but it was pretty far in so I couldn't really grab it and accidentally just ended up pushing it all the way through so it fell out...on the opposite side of the door. So I grabbed a bobby pin off the sink and undid it to try and turn the inner nut that controlled the door knob. Nope, didn't work. I knew it needed to be something not too big but not too small so it could fit in the nut. Well, I looked around for a while till my eyes fell upon the pen. The pen used to write in the poop journal. And ya know what? The pen worked. HA. I was finally able to open the door and get out and breathe fresh(ish) air! 

So that is my "how the poop journal saved my life" story. hope you all got at least a smile ouf of that :)
unless you're still completely weirded out about just the fact that we have a poop journal.....
in which case I sort of understand



Comments

Popular Posts